I at all times want to eat my fish within the winter both cooked wrapped in foil or baked in a pie. Firstly, these are probably the most warming, wintry methods to get your consumption of fish, however secondly to minimise the odor! Embrace as many or as few types of fish in your pie as you want; and go for my candy potato topping because it’s wealthy in beta-carotene. This converts to vitamin A within the physique to assist deal with pimples and enhance pores and skin tone, making it an ideal magnificence meals.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Bare Fish Pie
340 CALORIES PER SERVING
2 giant candy potatoes, peeled and reduce into small chunks
25g gluten-free flour
300ml semi-skimmed milk (see tip under), warmed
Juice of 1/2 lemon
300ml vegetable inventory
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
500g white fish fillets (akin to cod, hake, haddock and pollock), reduce into chunks
1 small fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan.
- Place the potatoes in a pan stuffed with water and boil for 10 minutes or till tender. Drain earlier than mashing with a potato masher, including salt and pepper to style.
- In the meantime, make a white sauce by first melting the butter in a saucepan over a medium warmth. Add the flour and stir for about 2 minutes or till a paste kinds. Subsequent, slowly add the milk, stirring all of the whereas, till you may have a clean sauce. Proceed to stir the sauce for an additional 5-10 minutes till it thickens.
- Add the lemon juice to the sauce, adopted by the inventory and mustard. Season to style with salt and pepper and stir in 1 teaspoon of Parmesan. Carry to a simmer and prepare dinner for 1 minute earlier than eradicating from the warmth.
- Place the fish in an ovenproof dish with the sliced fennel. Pour over the white sauce and high with the candy potato mash. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan excessive.
- Place the dish on a baking tray. Switch to the over for 40 minutes or till cooked by and golden.
- Serve with a inexperienced vegetable akin to spinach, kale or broccoli.
- You may exchange the semi-skimmed milk with coconut milk to lend a extra Southeast Asian flavour to the fish.
Let me know the way you get on and tag me on Instagram @wendyrowe
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.
Source by [author_name]