Alot of individuals assume BBQs are all concerning the meat and the beer, however for me, alfresco eating is all about recent, seasonal meals and light-weight, wholesome meals. So, whether or not you’re internet hosting an enormous BBQ for all your folks, otherwise you’re a visitor and need to take one thing gentle and wholesome that everybody will love, the next two recipes ought to hit the spot! First up is the Wild Rice Salad recipe from my e book Eat Beautiful, which is all the time a success because of the nutty combination of the wild and brown rice. Subsequent is my Frozen Banana Lollies, additionally from my e book, that are a beautiful summer season dessert various which have skin-benefiting components and are simply as scrumptious as industrial ice lollies. They’re nice for exhibiting off to company at a BBQ. Take pleasure in!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Wild Rice Salad
That is one in all my pal Dom’s signature dishes and it’s a actual winner. The attractive nutty texture of untamed rice works so completely – a terrific addition to a summer season barbecue.
440 CALORIES PER SERVING
- Boil every rice in evenly salted water following the packet directions. Drain and rinse below chilly water.
- In the meantime, toast the pistachios in a dry pan over a medium warmth for 2-3 minutes, tossing steadily in order that they don’t burn. Take away and evenly crush.
- Place the rice in a serving bowl, add the lemon juice, mint, rocket, garlic and dried fruit, and mix properly.
- Drizzle over the oil, then season and sprinkle the toasted nuts excessive to serve.
Frozen Banana Lollies
102 CALORIES PER SERVING
400ml coconut or unsweetened almond milk
2 massive bananas, peeled
2 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp shredded coconut
Handful of floor hazelnuts (or further shredded coconut) for dipping
This frozen combination of mashed up banana, coconut cream and honey makes a gorgeously creamy deal with throughout the summer season months. It’s simply as candy as a industrial iced lolly however with a pure and fascinating flavour with a number of skin-feeding actives as properly.
- Pour half of the milk right into a meals processor and add the bananas, honey and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, then course of till easy.
- In a bowl, whisk collectively the remaining coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide the banana combination between six lolly moulds.
- Layer the coconut combination on prime of the banana combination, then go away in a freezer for a minimum of 6 hours or till utterly frozen.
- Take away the lollies from their moulds by dipping them in heat water for 10 seconds. Tip the bottom hazelnuts (or shredded coconut) right into a deep bowl, then dip the highest 5-8cm of every lolly into the nuts to coat.
- Place the lollies again within the freezer to set. They are going to be prepared after 5 minutes or everytime you fancy one.
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.
Source by [author_name]